Local housebuilder Barratt London is opening its doors early for Christmas in Hackbridge this year to help play its part in spreading festive cheer to children around the world. Supporting the well-established shoebox campaign, Operation Christmas Child, the housebuilder is offering its marketing suite at New Mill Quarter on Hackbridge Road, SM6 as a drop off point for the charity during the first two weeks of November.
Last year Samaritan’s Purse distributed 678,942 wrapped shoeboxes from the UK which were sent to make Christmas a bit more special for children in Albania, Belarus, Bulgaria, Bosnia, Estonia, Middle East, Central Asia, Latvia, Liberia, Macedonia, Romania, Ukraine, Moldova.
Nick Cole, Director of Operation Christmas Child UK, shared his hope for people getting involved this year. “Operation Christmas Child is excited to be able to share the true meaning of Christmas with thousands of children around the world every year, thanks to our generous supporters. We hope that schools, companies and individuals across the UK will all help contribute to a successful collection for 2018.”
Pam Reardon Sales Director for Barratt London says: “As the Capital’s housebuilder, we support a wide range of charities both locally here in Wallington and across London. This November, we are very proud to be opening up our marketing suite at New Mill Quarter to help bring a little Christmas cheer to children in other parts of the world. Anyone who is looking to fill a shoebox which will then be distributed by Operation Christmas Child, is welcome to drop it off at our marketing suite in the first two weeks of November.”
Anyone who would like to drop off a shoe box at New Mill Quarter, will need to follow the following steps:
- Get an empty medium sized shoebox and wrap the lid and box separately in festive wrapping paper. Select an age category 2-4, 5-9 or 10-14 and attach the label to the top of your shoebox.
- Fill with suitable gifts – suggestions on the website www.operationchristmaschild.org.uk
- Make online payment to cover transportation costs (to donate, go to www.operationchristmaschild.org.uk)
- Print off barcode you receive once donated and place in the shoe box.
- Place a rubber band around the box and drop off at New Mill Quarter between 1st and 18th November (check www.barrattlondon.co.uk for opening times.)
- Open 7 days, Mon 12:30pm – 5.30pm, Tues – Sun 10am – 5.30pm.
The Barratt London sales and marketing suite at New Mill Quarter can be found on Hackbridge Road, SM6 7DY. The development is open seven days a week.
For further details about Operation Christmas Child and how to pack a shoe box, visit www.operationchristmaschild.org.uk. Details about New Mill Quarter and Barratt London can be found at www.barrattlondon.co.uk.