The parking consultations have been split into three geographical areas.
Following three separate consultations over the past 12 months, the council has decided to proceed with six new permit parking areas (PPA) in Geographical Area 1, covering parts of St Helier, Carshalton and Hackbridge.
A proposal for parking restrictions in Aultone Way, Sutton North, is on hold while the council further considers the representations made.
Environment and Neighbourhood Chair Councillor Manuel Abellan said:
“We received many responses to the proposals and have taken time to consider all the comments raised throughout the multiple consultations.
“Our parking plans are based in no small part on the valuable engagement and consultation we have had with residents and I believe that we are proposing will make a positive difference to improving parking in areas of acute parking pressures.”
We anticipate implementation of the following PPAs from February 1, 2020:
- Wandle Road Hackbridge area PPA HB1 operating between 1pm – 3pm Monday to Friday
- Hackbridge Road Area PPA HB2 operating between 8am – 6.30pm Monday to Saturday
- Denmark Road Area PPA CS1 operating between 11am – 1pm Monday to Friday
We anticipate implementation of the following PPAs from June 1, 2020:
- Westminster Road, St Helier area PPA SH1 operating between 8am – 6pm Monday to Friday
- Thornton Road, St Helier area PPA SH2 operating between 8am – 6pm Monday to Friday
- Stavordale Road, St Helier area PPA SH3 operating between 8am – 6pm Monday to Friday
Further information will be shared shortly advising on the process and implementation programme for these plans.
“In the coming weeks we will provide an update on the next Traffic Management Order consultation for Geographical Area 1. Meanwhile residents in Geographical Area 3 are reminded that the first consultation for their area closes in two weeks. The consultation, covering parts of Cheam North, Worcester Park, Beddington and Wallington, can be completed online., said a statement
“If you’re not able to get online, you can request a paper version of the questionnaire by calling 020 8770 5000 or by picking one up from your local library. Further frequently asked questions are answered on the council’s website: www.sutton.gov.uk/parkingstrategy”